Foundation Learning - Foundation Learning
Foundation Learning study programmes offer students a holistic, well-planned curriculum that supports their transition into adulthood.
Our specialist facilities, highly qualified experienced members of staff and inclusive learning environments allow our students to be part of the wider One community whilst feeling safe and supported.
What are Foundation Learning Study Programmes?
Foundation Learning study programmes are bespoke and are designed with the student at the centre. When we work with our students we consider the following:
- The family's views and goals as identified through the Education Health Care Plan
- Previous learning and achievement
- The student's choices and opinions
- Long term goals and transition for life after One
- The study plan will also include opportunities for enrichment, enterprise or work experience and weekly tutorials
- Study programmes are timetabled over three full days each week
- Study programmes are designed for one year of study and most students remain in Foundation Learning for the maximum three years
Courses for 2018-19 Study
A study plan might include:
- Functional Skills - English, Maths and IT
- Personal and Social Development
- Sport and Active Leisure
- Moving on opportunities
- Gardening and Horticulture
- Hospitality Enterprise
- Motor Vehicle
- Effective Argumentation and Alternative Communication
- Work Experience, Volunteering, Enterprise and Next Steps
- Tutorials and Pastoral Groups
The Local Offer details the services available for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Click here to go to Suffolk County Council website.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Course Type Foundation Learning
- Duration 3 Years
- Awarding Body Various