Information for Children in Care and Care Leavers
For Children in Care and Care Leavers we offer a support package to keep you on track.
How we can support you
As a Child in Care or Care Leaver you will be offered a meeting once a term to meet with a welfare officer. These meetings are to:
- Check how you are settling into college life
- Discuss available support from Student Welfare
- Offer continued support
- Discuss Future options/independent guidance advice
- To complete your Personal Education Plan (PEP) if they apply
Overall responsibility for Children in Care and Care Leavers is with Senior Welfare Officer Jackie Grimwood.
Please come to see Jackie Grimwood in Student Services for support with:
- Personal Issues
- Health Issues
- Sexual Health Issues
- Drugs and Alcohol support
- Benefit advice
- Money Advice and Bursary application
- Any safeguarding issues
- Food Banks -if you do not have enough food at home or are worrying about the amount you have. please see the Student Welfare reception team and enquire about a food parcel.
Personal progress tutor
All students have a Personal Progress Tutor. They will support you through your academic course. They will also be the first point of call for any of your needs on the course. Personal Progress Tutors are located in Student Services.