Our staff enjoy working here. Below are some of the headline figures from our 2018 Staff Survey:-
• 99% enjoy working at One
• 99% are proud to work at One
• 98% are satisfied working at One
• 98% feel their colleagues care about them as a person
• 96% would recommend One as a great place to work
We are proud to be able to offer our staff the following:-
- Competitive salaries – our salaries take into account market rates as well as individual experience and qualifications. These rates of pay are also adjusted in line with the cost of living increases negotiated nationally with recognised unions.
- Pension Scheme – We offer two pension schemes: the Teachers Pensions Scheme for Teaching Staff, and the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) for Support Staff. These excellent schemes include a lump sum payment, annual pension and ill-health provision.
- Generous Annual Leave – Most of our staff work term-time only. However, those who work on full-year contracts benefit from an annual leave entitlement which is above the statutory amount; this entitlement increases with length of service.
- Development and Recognition
• The college is committed to individual professional development through delivering dedicated training days for all staff, and by supporting employees to attend external courses where possible.
• Regular appraisals are central to the culture of continuous improvement at One; the appraisals support performance and ensure individuals have access to development that is tailored to their needs and aspirations.
• We hold an annual awards event to celebrate the significant contribution our staff make in supporting the success of the college.
• Long service awards are given upon retirement for staff with over 20 years’ continuous service.
- Family-Friendly Policies
• Occupational maternity, paternity and adoption leave which are higher than the statutory levels.
• Access to a childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme.
• Compassionate leave may be granted for emergencies or in the event of a death or serious illness of a close family member.
- Health and Wellbeing
• An occupational sick pay scheme.
• An Employee Assistance Programme which includes: telephone counselling, online health portal and a 24 hour helpline offering professional advice on a wide range of issues (including finance, legal, family issues and medical information). This confidential support service can be utilised by our staff and their immediate family members.
• Free access to the on-site fitness suite.
• Weekly wellbeing activities run on site, including Zumba, Fitness Blast and Badminton.
• The college contracts the services of an Occupational Health provider to enable managers obtain expert advice on health problems.
• Our salon, Beauty @ One, provides a range of expert beauty treatments carried out by our Beauty Therapy students.
- Equality and Diversity – We recognise the benefits associated with having a diverse workforce, and pride ourselves on our inclusive culture. We hold an annual Diversity Day to promote and celebrate difference. We also offer quiet and private multi-faith facilities and prayer room.
- Participation – We value the contribution of our staff and believe that their views and ideas are integral to shaping the future of One.
• The college works closely with our recognised Trade Unions – NUT, NASUWT, ATL and UNISON.
• We have a Staff Forum which meets every half term. The Forum includes representatives from every area of the college.
• We hold regular focus groups where staff from across the college can meet with a member of the Senior Leadership Team to discuss key issues.
• We hold an annual staff survey in order to capture staff views and formulate an action plan.
We are also able to offer students and staff access to outstanding accommodation and resources, commissioned to the highest specifications. We are a modern college and considerable thought has been given to providing facilities that allow for both specialist teaching and flexible and innovative practice. The college is situated in an excellent location which is convenient for transport links. We are located close to the A12 and A14, and offer on-site parking for staff. The college is also very well served by regular, local bus services.
Why not join our outstanding team?