Please see below for links to our Film, Games and Media Summer Transition Work:
"FILM REVIEW: Watch any film and answer the following questions.
1. Did you learn anything from this film? If you did, what was it?
2. What is the message of this film? Do you agree or disagree with it?
3. Was there something you didn’t understand about the film? What was that?
4. What did you like best about the film? Why?
5. What did you like least about the film? Why?
6. Who was your favourite character in the film? Why?
7. Who was your least favourite character in the film? Why?
8. Did anything that happened in this film remind you of something that has occurred in real life, perhaps your own life or that you have seen occur to others?
9. What were you thinking as you finished watching the film?
10. What part of the story told by the movie was the most powerful? Why? TYPE UP YOUR REVIEW WITH SCREENSHOTS OR MAKE A VIDEO IF YOU LIKE."
What makes a good film poster?
TV and Film Production
"TRAILER ANALYSIS: Watch any television or film trailer and answer the following questions.
1. How many shots were used in the trailer?
2. What sort of length was each shot in the trailer?
3. What kind of transitions were there between shots? (Fades / Cuts etc)
4. What kinds of shots were used in the trailer? (Wide angle shots / close up shots etc)
5. Why do you think these shots were used? (pick some out and explain why that shot is good)
6. Why do you think these shots were placed in this order?
7. Is there a soundtrack to the trailer? If so, what kind of music is used? Why could this be?
8. Does this trailer feel conventional? (Is it following the usual format for a trailer, or is it more abstract?)
9. How did you feel by the end of the trailer?
10. What was the overall purpose of the trailer and did you feel the trailer achieved this purpose?
TYPE UP YOUR ANALYSIS WITH SCREENSHOTS OR MAKE A VIDEO WITH VOICEOVER IF YOU LIKE."
If you have any questions about the summer transition work please email [email protected]