Diploma Level 2 - Information Technology (Digital Applications)
Please Note: This course is in very high demand but we are still accepting applications for a range of other courses. Please come in and speak to us at Enrolment if you wish to apply for this course.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE INVOLVE?
The qualification has been developed in consultation with employers in the IT sector and will take place in college over 2.5 days.
All the content of the qualification is mandatory and relates directly to the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected by employers and HE establishments in the IT sector. The areas learners will cover include:
- Creating digital multimedia applications.
- Understanding IT network features and functions and applying these in accordance to common practices in network security.
- IT service solutions and the issues encountered in IT solutions in an organisation.
- Setting up new equipment and upgrading existing systems.
- Designing and creating digital content for organisations.
The BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Information Technology (Digital Applications) qualification is an ideal stepping stone to the Level 3 BTEC IT Extended Diploma, eventually leading to employment, apprenticeships or higher education (e.g. university).
Students wishing to progress from level 2 to level 3 must meet at least one of the following three conditions:
- Students meeting entry requirements for Level 3, except Maths, can progress if they achieve grade 5 in resit.
- Students with grade 4 in Maths who achieve distinction, can progress onto level 3
- Students with grade 4 in Maths who achieve merit also need staff endorsement to progress.
WHAT DO I NEED TO JOIN THE COURSE?
4 x 9-3 Grade GCSEs including English or Maths at grade 4.
- If GCSE Maths is below grade 5 then students will be required to attend the GCSE Maths (higher paper) class with the aim of achieving grade 5 or above for progression to Level 3.
- If GCSE English is below grade 4 then they will enrol on the GCSE English resit.
- If both GCSE English and Maths are 5 or greater, but student has achieved less than 4 GCSEs 9-4 in total, then the student will be allocated time to complete the Level 2 Higher Project with supervision.
CAN I TAKE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS?
Students will have the opportunity to retake GCSE English and Maths, which provides a good grounding to go on to a more advanced courses such as the Level 3 BTEC IT Extended Diploma.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
The BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Information Technology combines theoretical understanding and practical experiences. Students will be assessed through the completion of projects and assignments. All topics are formally assessed and graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction, with an overall grade for the qualification awarded.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
There are no charges to study on any of our courses. However, you will be expected to fund travel to and from any educational visits. Work experience will require mandatory health and safety checks, costs for these will be confirmed at interview.
WHAT IS THE DURATION?
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Course Type Diploma Level 2
- Duration 1 Year
- Awarding Body Pearson