Diploma Level 2 - IMI Vehicle Repair and Maintenance
WHAT DOES THE COURSE INVOLVE?
The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) Level 2 Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair is designed for students wishing to develop a career as a motor vehicle technician. At level 2 the diploma provides a good foundation for those seeking to further their training with a prestige franchise dealership or an independent garage. Equally, it would be necessary for progression onto a level 3 course. Work experience placements will be structured into the curriculum.
The programme of study has a practical emphasis giving you hands-on experience and the ability to diagnose basic faults. The course comprises a range of units including:
- Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Chassis Units and Components
- Vehicle Fuel, Ignition, Air and Exhaust System Units and Components
- Removing and Replacing Vehicle Engine Units and Components
- Vehicle Engine Mechanical, Lubrication and Cooling System Units and Components
- Removing and Replacing Vehicle Electrical Units and Components
- Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Units and Components
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
WHAT DO I NEED TO JOIN THE COURSE?
4 GCSEs 9 - 3 to include GCSE Mathematics and English at grade 3.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Assessment is through a series of multiple choice tests and practical assessments. These assessments involve the application of the underpinning knowledge and practical skills gained during theory and workshop-based sessions.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
You will need to provide your own steel toe-capped safety boots and overalls (cost around £30) There may be additional costs during the year for educational trips TBC.
Work experience will require mandatory health and safety checks, costs for these will be confirmed at interview.
WHAT IS THE DURATION?
This is a one year course.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Course Type Diploma Level 2
- Duration 1 Year
- Awarding Body IMI