Diploma Level 2 - Health and Social Care
Please Note: This course is in very high demand but we are still accepting applications for a range of other courses. Please come in and speak to us at Enrolment if you wish to apply for this course.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE INVOLVE?
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 National First Diploma is a vocationally-related qualification that explores how Health and Social Care practitioners help different people lead better lives, by improving their health and wellbeing.
The course inspires learners to consider a career in the Health and Social Care sector, perhaps by progression onto the Level 3 course at ONE. Therefore, to succeed on this course you should be driven to help people in a Health or Social Care setting.
As well as considering the skills required in the Health and Social Care sector, the course will develop your knowledge of a number of fascinating topics, including:
- Human lifespan development: where you will investigate how people develop through their lives, and consider the impact of relationships and life experiences upon this development
- Effective communication: in which you will consider the importance of good communication in a range of Health and Social Care roles
- Promoting health and wellbeing: where you will discuss the benefits of improving people’s health and wellbeing
- The impact of nutrition on health and wellbeing: which investigates what is meant by a balanced diet and considers the effects of unhealthy eating
- Human body systems and care of disorders: which explores the major organs and systems of the body, and considers common health disorders, such as cancer or heart disease.
Finally, a highlight of this course is the opportunity to complete a week-long work experience placement in a professional Health or Social Care organisation, including local Nurseries, Primary Schools and Care Homes. These placements are arranged for you by a dedicated member of staff.
WHAT DO I NEED TO JOIN THE COURSE?
5 GCSEs grade 9-3, including a Grade 3 in GCSE English Language.
CAN I TAKE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS?
Yes. It may be appropriate to take other Level 2 qualifications alongside this course, including GCSE re-sits in English or Maths.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
17% of the course is assessed externally, through a written examination. The rest of the course is assessed internally, through the completion of on-going coursework units.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
In order to carry-out the exciting work experience placement, it is necessary to pay for a DBS (safeguarding) Certificate; mandatory training in Manual Handling and First Aid; and a Suffolk ONE work experience Polo shirt. These incur a one-off cost of around £60 at the start of this one-year course. Further details are on the Web Shop.
WHAT IS THE DURATION?
This is a one year course.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Course Type Diploma Level 2
- Duration 1 Year
- Awarding Body Pearson