Diploma Level 2 - Business
Please Note: This course is in very high demand but we are still accepting applications for a range of other courses. Please come in and speak to us at Enrolment if you wish to apply for this course.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE INVOLVE?
Business is an exciting and creative course that will allow you to consider all aspects of working in industry. It will give you an understanding of exactly what happens in the world of business and will help you develop skills and knowledge.
Within this one year course, you will study different topic areas in Business which will provide a broad understanding of the ways in which businesses function, the people who own and manage them, and the methods to attract and satisfy customers. The topics on this course include:
- How businesses select, recruit, train and employ the right staff for the right job
- Effective Marketing looking at how a business communicates with its customers and attracts them to buy the products and services that they have produced
- How to work out profit and loss and prepare a cash flow forecast. This topic looks at the importance of finance in any business, how financial transactions are recorded and then used by the company to aid its decision-making
- Developing your teamwork and leadership skills to be successful in business.
WHAT DO I NEED TO JOIN THE COURSE?
5 GCSEs 9-3 to include GCSE Mathematics and English at grade 3.
CAN I TAKE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS?
You will have the opportunity to retake GCSE Maths and English if required.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
A combination of coursework and external assessment. You will provide a portfolio showing evidence of the twelve units you have studied and undertake external online or paper based tasks in two units (Marketing and Finance). You will be awarded a Pass, Merit or Distinction grade at the end of the course. A full award is the equivalent of 3 GCSEs.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
There are no charges to study on any of our courses. However you might be asked to contribute to the cost of occasional trips.
WHAT IS THE DURATION?
This is a one year course.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Course Type Diploma Level 2
- Duration 1 Year
- Awarding Body EdExcel